Thursday, June 23, 2011

Results Thursday

Yesterday when I went into my Weight Watchers meeting I was not really expecting much of a loss. As I mentioned yesterday, I didn't do very well with following the plan over the past week, so I didn't think there would be a positive result. Boy, was I wrong! After I stepped on the scale I was told that I lost 0.8lb. According to the the program you should lose between 0.5 and 2lbs per week if you follow it correctly. I didn't exactly follow it correctly, but I still had a decent loss. I think the thing that put me over the top is that I got a lot of exercise.

On the way home, I stopped by the grocery store and instead of buying my usual Skinny Cow ice cream cups, I decided to buy the little Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Dazs cups instead. After my evening meal, I had one of the Ben & Jerry's cups for dessert. It was Chocolate Fudge Brownie and I savored it much more than I ever savored the Skinny Cow ice cream cups. Normally, I'll have one of the Skinny Cow cups and then go have some cookies, and then maybe another Skinny Cow cup after I'm finished with the cookies. After the Ben & Jerry's cup, I felt completely satisfied; not only physically, but mentally. For those of us who tend to overeat, hunger definitely has a mental aspect.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate fudge brownie ice cream? You definitely need to meet my Pop. That is, if he was 30 years younger. HAH! Concats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as if you did well at WW yesterday. Yay for you.... And yay for the exercise too.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete