Thursday, June 9, 2011

Results Thursday

So last night I weighed in at Weight Watchers for the first time in two weeks. Last week I didn't weigh in because I didn't want to go back out in the potentially treacherous weather. The previous week I didn't go because I was at Hard Rock Cafe listening to my boy Gavin DeGraw perform his new single, as well as a few other ditties. Usually if I'm away for that long I end up gaining a pound or two. You may not believe it, but meetings are a crucial part of the weight loss journey. The support and sense of camaraderie is essential to making progress. If you just go to a meeting to weigh in and you don't actually stay for the meeting itself, you're really missing out. If you're having a tough time, you can look to your fellow members to see how they cope with the same or similar situations. After a two-week hiatus it felt good to be back in the fold.

Yesterday I wrote my scale at home said I had lost a bit, which is true. It was a tiny bit (0.2), but it was a loss nonetheless. More importantly, I think I may have lost an inch or two in various areas because my pants fit a little differently. Not half bad considering I wasn't as "on plan" as I would've like to have been :-). I'll chalk up yesterday's weigh-in in the "victory" column and hope for even better results next week.

1 comment: