Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Finding My Way Back to the Mat








Last night I went to yoga class for the first time in months. I've been telling myself week after week that I'll go, but when push came to shove, I would punk out and find some excuse for not going. Yesterday I realized that I finally needed to cut the bullshit and just do it. I've been feeling uncentered and I know that when I practiced yoga regularly I felt much more relaxed and open. To say that the instructor was glad to see me is an understatement. Her first words were "Is it really you?!" Followed by "Can I pinch you?!" Yeah, I've been gone for that long, hahaha!!!!




Anyway, as soon as we got started my body just automatically popped right back into place. I couldn't hold plank for as long as I would've liked, and downward facing dog was killing my triceps, but all in all I did very well. That same instructor teaches a class on Saturdays, too, so hopefully I can get off my duff and go practice with her this weekend :-).

2 comments:

  1. you know when da time iz rite an its your rite time now so I sure it will werk owt an you'll keep going *purrrr*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you.... just getting there is half the battle. Very good.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete