Thursday, June 2, 2011

Results Thursday

This week's Results Thursday isn't what one might expect. We had some bad weather come through Massachusetts late yesterday afternoon into the evening. There were tornado warnings and watches for pretty much the entire state. I got to leave work about 15 minutes early, so I decided to go home and close the windows in my apartment because I had left them open. Earlier that day there had been a quick moving thunderstorm so I didn't want things to get any wetter than they might already be. I'm sure you're wondering why I left my windows open in the first place. Well, it's been really hot lately, so I leave the windows open for my cat Topaz.

So, I go home after work to close the windows, and when I get there I turn on the Weather Channel. It was just after 5:00 and they were showing footage from Springfield where a tornado touched down. Meanwhile I could see that it was starting to get dark outside and that the wind was picking up. I decided right then and there that I was not going to get on the subway to go to Weight Watchers to weigh in. I figured I'd be much safer staying home.

Luckily, the area where I live only got thunderstorms. I'm very grateful that a tornado didn't touch down near me, but of course that means that you'll have to wait until next week to see if I've lost or gained. Stay tuned :-).

1 comment:

  1. Whew - it's good you are safe. Parts of your fair city were really hit hard.

    ReplyDelete