Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Got Flowers Today

So a few minutes ago I went to the ladies' room and when I returned there was an FTD box on my desk. I was really excited because I rarely ever get flowers and at the moment I don't have a boyfriend to send me flowers. When I opened the box and looked at the note, I saw that they were from a coworker. He's a consultant that's working on one of the job sites and whenever he comes to the office he comments on the fake plastic flowers that are always on my desk. The note said that the flowers were to brighten my day and bring some color to the reception area. I'm the only person in this office that doesn't have a clear view to a window. No matter how sunny it is outside, I'm in the darkness all day. The flowers were a nice touch. When I called him to thank him, he told me to tell the VP that I should have fresh flowers at my desk every week. My response was "You know that ain't happenin'!"

This is only the second time that I've had flowers delivered to me at work, and the first time was from him, too, to thank me for my help when he was working here in the office. On that day he also sent the office manager flowers. This nice gesture made me think about the fact that my ex, who was with me for almost five years, never sent me flowers at work. The first year we were together I sent him a cookie cake to his office for his birthday. Of course he gave me flowers when we were together, but having the person you love send flowers to your place of work is special. Also, my ex was such an arse that when he got the cookie cake he had one of his coworkers call and try to trick me into thinking I had given the wrong delivery address. Oh well, that's the way it goes. Regardless of who sent them, I now have some pretty flowers sitting on my desk that I can enjoy for the rest of the week :-).

3 comments:

  1. So is this guy married? Is he a bruv? What's he look like? Just funning you. Concats! He brightened my day also. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That be so sweet, that iz a good man who iz thinking of others - that be hooman kindness wat we duzn't see efurry day. Iz so happy to know you haz bewtiful flowers an izn't it nice to haz sombunny think of you? You iz so sweet you daservs fresh flowers ALL DA TIME!!!! *pawhug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very nice surprise and thoughtful thing to do. Enjoy every second of them.

    ReplyDelete