Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Taking the Advice of a Good Friend

You've all been reading the saga that is my weight-loss and like any other human being, I continue to focus on what I haven't done as opposed to what I have done. A good friend of mine told me that whenever I get discouraged I should look at old pictures of what I used to look like pre-weight-loss. Today when I got to work I printed out two pictures that were taken the summer before I started Weight Watchers. It's always startling to see just how different I look. I keep forgetting how big my belly used to be, compared to how it is now. I also keep forgetting how chunky my face looked. I think the reason why I keep focusing on the negative is because I've been at or around my current weight for a while, so I'm starting to feel like I did before I started my weight-loss journey. For kicks take a look at me three years ago:
Now when I see that, I know that I've come a long way. I'm more than halfway there. I'm actually about two-thirds of the way there. The thing that most people don't realize is that weight-loss is more mental than anything else. Learning to quiet the chatter, or better yet to stop it before it starts is the key to success. Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support. I really appreciate it.

5 comments:

  1. You've always had a pretty face, now you have a pretty body too even if it's not totally the body you're striving for. Time to start the positive thinking. Be positive you can reach your goal at your own pace. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW you will finish this journey. I'm on it with you. We'll encourage one another and we'll knock 'em over with our gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are gorgeous friend. You can do it - I know you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sees a bewtiful strong wumun *purrr*

    ReplyDelete
  5. We women are tough on ourselves. Rarely do I hear a woman look at a picture of herslef and say "I look fantastic" You'll see this thing through to the end. Your strong and your committed and beautiful too.
    Toki sends prrrrrrs

    ReplyDelete