Thursday, October 6, 2011

Whatever Happens, It's All Good

Today is weigh-in day but I'm not expecting any earth-shattering results. I've had a head cold all week, so I haven't been exercising. Instead I've been coming home from work, having a bit to eat, and going straight to bed. In the back of my mind a voice kept saying to me "Michelle, you need to work out." Luckily I was able to drown out that voice by telling myself that I need to get better first, so that this cold doesn't linger for weeks and weeks. When I stepped up on that bastard scale of mine this morning it said that my weight is the same as it was last Thursday. Thank God for small favors. As long as I didn't gain I'm really not worried about it.

3 comments:

  1. First dear friend, you need to take care of yourself. If you are sick, you need the rest. The workout will come after you are feeling better. Hope that's soon. Remember, don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't show a loss. it's over the long term that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you start to get discouraged, look at old pictures and see how far you've come. Hope you get well soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to treat you like I would my daughter Michelle. "Stop beating yourself up. You're beautiful just the way you are. Now put away those scales, get into bed and I'll bring you a cup of tea with honey in it."
    Toki and I send warm thoughts, hugs and prrrs

    ReplyDelete