Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saving Lots of Kitties


I have a new follower on Twitter that runs a cat sanctuary. She and her husband rescue cats and give them a nice home. Some are adopted out, but the majority get to stay on the Funny Farm. You can read all about them at http://www.gafunnyfarm.org. They are currently trying to raise money for a fence so that the kitties and all the other animals can be safe. If you're a kitty lover check them out. You can also follow them on Twitter. They are @gafunnyfarm. I think they're doing an admirable job taking care of so many cats. I grew up in GA, out in the country, so I know that people often drive by and throw cats out of the car. The cats that my mom has are ones that just showed up one day, and we know it's because someone left them there. Don't take on a pet, if you don't have the means to take care of it. A lot of kitties are being left homeless because of foreclosures and the fact that a lot of landlords don't allow cats. Don't leave your little friends behind. Try to find a good home for them, or drop them off at a no-kill shelter, at the very least. Animals are living beings, too, and deserved to be treated well.

4 comments:

  1. A great cause. Good to give it some attention. I chipped in and hope others will to get them their fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good cause. I'm happy it's here in my home state of Georgia. What a cute blog you have. Nice photo of you and Gavin.
    Purrs. Confucius Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute picture. Very cool site! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely thrilled that the funny farm is in Georgia ---- I live near Athens - home of the University of Georgia - and not only do we have cats thrown out in the countryside, but we have a huge population of campus cats left by students when they leave Athens. There is a campus organization which attempts to get as many of these cats spayed and neutered as possible and find them GOOD homes --- it touches my heart to know how many people work together for the health and happiness of animals.

    I love your site and enjoy your tweets ---

    Piddleandpurr's Momma ----

    ReplyDelete