Friday, June 5, 2009

Giving Love the World Over










Currently my boy Gavin is in Europe doing a few shows. His European fans waited a long time for him to come back and see them. When he's there, they try to go to as many shows as they can, because they're never sure when he'll be coming back. Earlier this week he did 2 shows in Amsterdam and a lot of the European fan club ladies took in those shows. Their excitement was palpable what with their tweets and updates on the fan club message board. For those who have never seen him live, Gavin DeGraw is a true joy to behold onstage. He gives his all to every single performance no matter what. He is also one of the most accessible artists out there with regard to his fans. As the ladies regaled us with tales of the show and meeting him, I felt like I was right there with them. Gavin and his music touch people more than I think he'll ever realize. Music is a great healer, and Gavin's music can definitely cure what ails you. Reading accounts of the shows in Amsterdam gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. The tears weren't tears of sadness, but ones of pure happiness. I feel that anyone who gets to have the "Gavin DeGraw Experience" is truly blessed. I was so happy that my fellow Gavinistas got to have such a wonderful time. It's very rare for a person and his music to touch so many different people so deeply. That's the power of the Gav! :-)

1 comment:

  1. You put that really beautiful, I definitely feel blessed to have the DeGaw experience. Let's hope it won't be too long before the next time he comes over here and you can be sure to ge our excited recaps again ;) Gavin love
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete