Thursday, June 11, 2009

Taking Care of Your Own

Yesterday my mom told me that one of my cousins just had her 3rd child. This girl is 20 years old and all of her children have different fathers. Her morals are definitely lacking, but that's a story for another entry. This is about her unwillingness to take care of her children. I found out that her 2 oldest children haven't had a bath in at least a month and have been wearing the same clothes for a month. They've not been fed on a regular basis either. Meanwhile their mother was out clubbing, drinking, and smoking during her pregnancy. You may ask yourselves, What about the children's grandmother? Well, she's too busy flaunting her new body (due to weight loss surgery) and trolling for men. Meanwhile her grandchildren remain unwashed and unfed. Although the children's mother should be taking care of them, she's proven herself unfit for that. Sometimes the grandparents need to step in so that the child or children don't end up lost in the system. That's what my parents had to do with my oldest niece. By the age of 9 she had already led a very troublesome life. She had seen more than most people have seen in a lifetime. Unwed mothers are glamorized in society, which I feel is a mistake. If you choose to have a child out of wedlock, I don't have a problem with that. The thing I have a problem with is if you don't take care of that child. No child asks to be born, but many are subjected to unnecessary harm and hardship. If you're going to do this, make sure that you have the means to give your child a good life. Otherwise, stock up on that birth control because contrary to how it may seem, unwanted pregnancies can still be prevented.

No comments:

Post a Comment