Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Good to See You Again, Michelle

In an earlier post I wrote about the fact that I no longer have a a desire to have straight hair. For most of my adult life I've worn it long and straight. I thank God that I never got it chemically straightened. Actually, that's more than likely the reason why I have such long thick hair now.


On Saturday I went to get it done, and when my hairstylist asked what I wanted her to do, I wasn't quite sure. She had a magazine at her station and showed me a picture of a woman with her hair in an intricate braided style. I told her I really liked it. Instead of braids she did double-strand twists. The end result was this:





For those of you who may be wondering, yes, that's all my own hair ;-). Told ya it was thick! With this hairstyle, I feel liberated. Part of yoga is finding one's true self, and I think that it has helped me to get closer to my true self by helping me to realize that wearing my hair in its natural state has now become a part of my identity. In pictures from two or three years ago when I had straight hair, it looks great, and I look happy. When I think about it, I realize that I still look the same as I did back then. The thing that has changed is my perception of how I look. I am seriously going through a process of awakening.

7 comments:

  1. I can honestly tell you I fallin' down LOVE this! She and you of course found YOUR unique to you style! BRAVO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele - Gorgeous - stunning! and any other stupendous descriptive word you can think of. You present a "stunning" profile too - not everyone can pull that off, but on you it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks GORGEOUS! I love it! You are a very beautiful Sista and you shouldn't try to hide behind straight hair. Topaz is lucky to have such a pretty Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning!! This is definitely an expression of who you are on the inside, regal, proud, beautiful. The yoga lessons are definitely leading you in the right direction. Love to you and Topaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful, Michelle. : )
    xo Katie & Glogirly

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great and beary complicated to do. I wonder if they could do something like that with my fur.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. your noo hairstile iz vurry pritty an I thinks you made a grate dasizhunz.

    ReplyDelete