Thursday, September 15, 2011

Petsitter Update

A question from one of my Twitter friends made me realize that I hadn't done my follow-up post about the petsitter I hired to look after Topaz while I was in Georgia visiting my family. The petsitter was wonderful. I hired her to stop in once a day to feed Topaz, scoop her litterbox, and play with her a bit. During each visit she wrote down a brief description of Topaz's mood and eating habits. Prior to me leaving for my trip, she encouraged me to text her to check in. I did that around the midweek point and she was actually there with Topaz when I texted. They were having a great time.

When I got home, the little report of what took place each day was there, as well as a new toy for Topaz. The fact that the petsitter gave her a new toy was great, and totally unexpected. I'm so glad I brought the petsitter a magnet back from Georgia. She actually collects magnets, so I made a good choice :-). She told me that she enjoyed spending time with Topaz and that she'd be happy to look after her again anytime. Because Topaz immediately accepted her when they met, I knew they'd get on well. It was nice to see that things went so well. I will definitely be calling on her the next time I take a trip. For those who live in the suburbs north of Boston, here's her website, http://www.fur-you.com/index.html. For anyone else in need of petsitting services, the Petsitters International website is an excellent resource, http://www.petsit.com/.

4 comments:

  1. So happy you found a good pet sitter. We are blessed to have one too. Sue has been with us for 20+ years, and we're now on out second cat (Mario) that we entrust to her care when we are gone. We are so blessed to have found her, and I sure you feel that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you found a wonderful place. Love the extras. Glad Topaz likes her and vice versa. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so nice the way she noted down Topaz's mood and eating habits. I didn't know there were services out there like this till you wrote your first post on it. I'll bet Topaz was glad when mommy came home though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have FINLLY, after years! found THE petsitter of petsitters around here. She is not inexpensive but who cares when it's your baby? Admiral ( I am using her account right now obviously) had only come out for Gina after several years. Se would always run to under my bed but the last several times she has allowed herself to be out and be petted and brushed and loved on. Gina won't leave till she is satisfied Admiral is OK. I'm so glad that Topaz has found someone she likes and vice versa and she is welcome anytime to my dresser top and jewelry box. We loved having her visit. xxoo

    ReplyDelete