Thursday, August 12, 2010

When the Universe Does You a Favor

I know that there's a force greater than I can ever comprehend at work around me. I'm a firm believer that what you put out into the universe comes back to you. When I was younger, that concept was hard to grasp, but as the years have gone by, it has been proven time and time again. Recently the universe did me a favor, but at the time I didn't see it as such. All I could see is what I felt I had lost, rather than focusing on what I had gained. I'm someone who tends to internalize anger and sadness, which manifests itself in overeating. If I'm not really careful, it would be easy to undo all of the hard work I've done with Weight Watchers.

We may not always get the things that we want, but the universe will always provide us with the things we need at any given time. If you've been living in a dream world and need to be slapped back to reality (metaphorically speaking), then that's what you're going to get. Believe me, I've been slapped back to reality more than once. If you're someone who's been compromising your morals and values to hold onto to something or someone that you think belongs in your life, then there are going to be all sorts of stumbling blocks placed in front of you because you're not being true to yourself.

Don't get me wrong. Sometimes things happen with no apparent explanation. They may not be a direct result of our actions, but nevertheless they have an effect on us, sometimes bringing about a re-evalution of where we are in our lives and where we want to be. My 35th birthday is coming up and ever since I was 25, I've assessed my life every 5 years to see what has improved and what still needs work. I'm not currently where I had hoped to be at the age of 35, but because the universe did me a favor, I'm closer to it than I may have otherwise been.

5 comments:

  1. Thats rilly good that you iz getting close to ware you want to be, its a grate idea to evalewate ware you are on a regular basis Thanks you for sharing these thoughts. *purr*

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a very smart lady friend. Thanks for setting us straight to, we need dat reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're not real religious but the woman says that God never gives you more than you can handle. Control that appetite and keep reaching for the stars. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a very smart, strong lady. Your Universe is taking notice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karma...I believe what goes around comes around & there is a reason for everything.
    It may be days, months or even years before that reason becomes clear...stay positive & congratulate yourself on the great weightloss achievement, remember you've worked too hard to let it all go to waste.

    ReplyDelete