Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What are We Paying Them For?


The rock I'm banging my head against


I've been battling a sinus infection for almost 2 months now. I went to an otolaryngologist (ear, nose, and throat doctor), he took a culture and saw nothing. Because of that, he tried to say that I don't have a sinus infection. Meanwhile, I'm still feeling sinus pain and pressure, accompanied by discolored mucus. After I let him know that, he ordered a CT scan. The scan showed that almost all of my sinuses are 80% blocked. My doctor consulted with a surgeon and the surgeon recommended an antibiotic and a nasal spray. He also said that I should follow up with him in 3 weeks. For almost a week now I've been trying to make that follow-up appointment, but the surgeon's office is dragging their heels. All of a sudden the surgeon wants to know why my doctor is referring me to him. Hello! You were the one who suggested the antibiotics and the nasal spray and said that I should follow up with you. WTF! I know doctors shouldn't be expected to remember every little thing that they do, but that's what patient charts are for. Read it and then you'll know what's going on. I finally got tired of the runaround and made an appointment with another otolaryngologist for a second opinion and hopefully, a bit more indvidualized attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment