Thursday, March 19, 2009

Joys of Being an Admin

As I'm sure many of you know, being an administrative assistant is a thankless job. Most of the people that I work with are okay, but there's one woman that I refer to as the Queen of Unreasonable Requests. Any request that she makes needs to be done yesterday. I'm having lunch, but whatever she wants takes precedence over that. I do it for her so that it can be sent out via courier ASAP and she tells me that there's something else she needs to look at, so I don't get it back until 30 minutes later. That kind of thing is bad, but the worst is when there's a problem with the printer or the copy machine. Yesterday, she was printing something on the color printer that was legal size. Suddenly she comes to me and says there's a problem with it and asks if I can fix it and then bring her the printout. I go to the color printer and the display says to load legal paper in tray number 1. Yeah, that's a real problem! She doesn't have time to load the paper and wait for her stupid 4 page document, so she has me do it. I know that my job is to assist in an administrative capacity, but that's just ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment