Friday, February 25, 2011

10 Things You Might Not Know about Me

Most of the peeps that read my blog haven't known me for very long, so I figured I'd give you a few facts that people who've known me for most of my life already know:

1. I'm left-handed. This comes with a caveat because I really only use my left hand for writing and holding eating utensils.

2. I'm a middle child. I have an older brother and a younger brother, which makes me the family peacemaker. The fact that I'm a Libra also contributes to my peacemaking.

3. I was born on my parents' eighth wedding anniversary. Quite a gift, huh? I was also born exactly three weeks before my mom's birthday.

4. Uttering the words "I dare you" to me will only get you a derisive stare and possibly the finger. Some people can't resist a dare, but I'm 35, not 5.

5. I believe the phrase "It is what it is" should be stricken from the verbal lexicon. Of course it is what it is. How can it be anything else other than what it is?

6. I don't drink. Alcohol and I have never been friends for many reasons, not the least of which is a potential adverse reaction when mixed with my meds.

7. I used to weigh 220lbs. Yes, I did just type my former weight. Thanks to Weight Watchers, I'm 50lbs lighter. My magic number is 60lbs.

8. I don't want to have children. That means that I don't have a desire to be pregnant or birth babies. That doesn't mean that I'm not open to someday adopting an older child or two.

9. I won my county's spelling bee when I was 14. Yep, I'm a spelling geek. I'm a grammar geek, too.

10. I don't like coffee. We live in a very coffee-centric culture, what with there being a Starbucks on every corner. No amount of flavoring, sweetener, or creamer can mask the bitterness of coffee for me. I get my caffeine fix from Diet Dr. Pepper ;-).

2 comments:

  1. I just found out you have a lot of things in common w/TW. I don't know if I can like you anymore. MOL! She's left-handed but only writing and eating and she never wanted children cos she is one. She does drink wine w/ a big Sunday dinner and she luvs the taste of coffee even though she has to drink decapitated coffee. Oh yeah, you have one big plus over TW and you know what that is. I love you, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 43, no kids--sometimes I feel like anomaly, but I like my life. I didn't start drinking coffee until I turned 40! Until that point, I was totally out of the coffee loop. I grew up in Canada which was much more of a tea culture.

    ReplyDelete