Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Thought I Would Miss You More

We spent five years of our lives together. There were ups and downs. There were good times and bad. The day that you chose to end it, I was shocked. I know that what we had wasn't perfect, but I believed in us. Even after it was "offically" over, we were able to maintain a bond. Little did I know that this bond would make you think you had the right to dictate to me how I should live my life. When I finally stepped out of the neat little box that you had put me in, you went berserk. "How could you...?" "What gives you the right to...?" "You're nothing but a...!" The hateful words that flew from your mouth like projectile vomit washed over me, trying to drown me. Instead of thinking rationally, you lashed out. Your mission: to cause me as much pain as you feel I caused you. I knew you were hurting and tried to wait it out. Whenever I tried to reason with you, you shot me down. All of a sudden you questioned the past and every move I ever made. You let your paranoia get the best of you and made me out to be evil incarnate. After all of that, I still had sympathy for you. I know it was hard for you to see me moving on, but there was one action that dried up the last vestiges of my sympathy. Upon finding out how low you could sink, it's like the memories of times past magically disappeared. Those that know me know that I feel things very deeply. When someone hurts me, it cuts right to my very soul. Maybe the universe is trying to shield me from more pain by bringing me to a state of inner calm and peace. Now that you're gone, I honestly thought that I'd miss you more. Apparently the loss of your negative energy brought me to a place of acceptance.

4 comments:

  1. Iz sorry you haz to deal wiv that negativity but it sownds like you iz handling it very well and keeping yourself strong an happy an that makes me happy too! *purrr*

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS sweetie for what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the cracker finally move out? Thank Cod. He isn't even worth spending time posting about but I guess it makes you feel better. Move on and consider it a learning experience. There are much better people out there than that cracker. Love you Sista! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, even tho I seem to be lost, we need to catch up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete