Monday, February 8, 2010
The Honest Scrap Award
Several of my Twitter friends have given me the Honest Scrap Award which is to honor bloggers who put their hearts on display, as they write from the depths of their souls. Thanks to all of you who thought of me. I definitely put my heart on display and have written about many subjects near and dear to my heart. Some have been happy and uplifting, while others have been sad and eye-opening.
The conditions of receiving the award include listing 10 things that others may not know about me, as well as passing the award on to 10 other bloggers. Without further ado, here are 10 things you may not know about me:
1. I'm a middle child, with an older brother and a younger brother.
2. I was born on my parents' 8th wedding anniversary.
3. My mom's birthday is exactly 3 weeks after mine, making us both Libras.
4. Although in most instances I am right-hand dominant, I'm technically left-handed.
5. I have 2 tattoos and am always contemplating getting more.
6. I'm allergic to cats and dogs. (Just found this out last year.)
7. Prior to coming to Boston for college, I had never been to Massachusetts.
8. I've never broken a bone and have only had stitches once, in my mouth when I got a tooth pulled.
9. I got to shake Carly Simon's hand at my college graduation.
10. The actor Brian Dennehy's brother, Marty, was one of my college professors.
As for passing this award on to 10 other bloggers, almost all of my blogging friends that I follow have received this award. There's one that I can think of that may not have. Her name is Sue Tanida and her blog is http://angelicinsights.blogspot.com/. You can follow her on Twitter as @angelicinsights. Her blog is wonderful in that it helps to guide others on the path of spirituality. She shares her beliefs and feelings regarding Christianity and invites you to explore and form your own opinions. Check her out!