Friday, April 10, 2009

Taking Control of My Life

Although I've never been a huge person, my weight has gone up and down over the past 10 years or so. More recently, it was at a point where it was up. Add to that the fact that I have a history of high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes in my family; and I'd be the perfect candidate for a possible stroke or heart attack. I do have high blood pressure and have been taking meds for it for almost 3 years. According to my doctor, it's now controlled, but I knew that losing weight would be even more beneficial to my blood pressure. I also didn't really feel very good about myself because of my weight gain. I had been complaining for a while about the fact that I hated the excess weight and wanted to lose it, never taking any real action. Just some half-assed attempts at exercise without really changing my calorie intake. In January, I decided to join Weight Watchers. A friend of mine had been doing it since September and had good results. I'm happy to report that to date I've lost 31.4lbs! I'm back to the weight I was 3 and a half years ago when things were going pretty well in my life. I have more to lose, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment